Elasticsearch Kibana CLI (eskbcli) #
ElasticSearch Kibana CLI (
eskbcli) provides a shell interface to query
an ElasticSearch backend via the Kibana frontend which is useful in
situations where the ElasticSearch backend is not otherwise accessible.
ElasticSearch Kibana CLI makes it possible to copy-paste query expressions
directly from the Kibana user-interface and then easily access very large
sets of result data. This makes the
eskbcli useful in SecOps situations
where the ability to rapidly move from a Kibana query to raw data is
Configuration options are available to adjust http-headers so-as-to enable access to Kibana in situations that require complex user-authentication such as when Kibana exists behind an OAuth reverse proxy or other session- based authentication arrangement.
Install / Upgrade #
user@computer:~$ pip install [--upgrade] elasticsearch-kibana-cli
Documentation is available at https://elasticsearch-kibana-cli.readthedocs.io
- search - Execute the named search configuration.
- summary - Summary report for search result datafile; use “-” to pipe stdin.
- show - Show the named eskbcli search configuration.
- list - List the available eskbcli search names.
Config files #
Refer to the worked example config files with descriptions and details.
- Github - github.com/ndejong/elasticsearch_kibana_cli
- PyPI - pypi.python.org/pypi/elasticsearch-kibana-cli
- ReadTheDocs - elasticsearch-kibana-cli.readthedocs.io
Copyright © 2021 Nicholas de Jong